lovely moments of inspiration...

10.27.2010

mural - history of western painting

During my junior year of undergrad, I had the opportunity to be involved in a mural painting commissioned by Wittenberg University that would hang in the student center.  Five other painters and myself were to create a chronological mural depicting the history of Western painting.  Not an easy task!  The editing process was difficult when trying to decide which quintessential pieces to include.  I was lucky to get the early to mid-20th Century artists such as Matisse, Dali, Picasso, Kandinsky, O'Keefe, Pollock, Lichtenstein and Warhol.  We also had to consider the relationship of the adjacent sections when designing our composition.


This was my contribution....


And the full mural hanging in its permanent home...



No comments:

Post a Comment