lovely moments of inspiration...

10.27.2010

firenze

I love Florence, Italy!


If you have not yet had the chance to meet this city, I highly recommend you do someday!  I spent a weekend there the summer of 2007 when I was in Rome studying watercolor and Italian Renaissance art history.  I took this shot of the Ponte Vecchio (literally, "old bridge") one evening.  The sky above was so amazing - like an electrified blue!  



I decided to make a watercolor of it:

(the actual size of this is pretty small........like 3"x4.25")


My experience in Florence inspired me for my design of the map project in VICO 511: Introduction to Infographics:
(I think I may still change a few things before the end of the quarter)



If you are ever blessed with the opportunity to go to Italy, GO and eat the gelato everyday.....it's amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment